[kdev-clang] tests: Adapt unit test to the recent changes regarding environments.

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Aug 27 13:04:13 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 27 August 2014 16:27:38 Sergey Kalinichev wrote:
> On 8/27/14, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 27 August 2014 11:29:21 Sergey Kalinichev wrote:
> >> Git commit 575013c26d3684b5af125cb9007b50bb81e2edde by Sergey Kalinichev.
> >> Committed on 26/08/2014 at 17:54.
> >> Pushed by skalinichev into branch 'master'.
> >>
> >> Adapt unit test to the recent changes regarding environments.
> >
> > Can you explain this change please? I don't understand it.
> >
> > Also, thinking about your "memory optimization patch" a bit more, is the
> > hash
> > still calculated properly? I.e. are you sure that a file won't get
> > reparsed
> > on
> > startup, when the same set of include paths are given but only a partial
> > subset of these was used? I have the feeling that this might be broken
> > now.
>
> Yes, I won't get updated as now I first calculate used include paths
> and only then add it into the environment.

Are you sure? I'll have to test this a bit more later, but I can't see how it
could possibly work right now:

include paths: A B C
file gets parsed, only uses A
-> only A in environment set
-> environment gets serialized and stores a "hash" of A only

restart kdevelop:
include paths: A B C
parse job compares the hash of that set to the serialized version, it differs
-> file gets reparsed which is _wrong_

Bye

--
Milian Wolff