Common functionality for dynamic languages

Sven Brauch svenbrauch at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 16 20:34:54 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 16 April 2014 22:23:35 Denis Steckelmacher wrote:
> I was thinking about how to implement hash maps and list in
> JS, and I will need these classes at least for the lists (I still
> haven't figured out how to handle hash maps and code-completion for
> them, maybe subclassing MapType could be the way to go).
We will need to see about that, eventually there will be need for a new type
with lists for both key and content type instead of just one type. ListType
will certainly be useful for JS' Array and similar things though.

In that context I could probably upstream Python's IndexedContainer and it
could gain a subclass with typed keys, analogous to ListType / MapType. I
think that would be closer to what JS needs.

Greetings!