KDevelop on Mac OS

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Oct 17 18:49:18 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 15 October 2013 16:21:04 Alexander Dymo wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 03:36:36 -0500, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:
> > Esp. could either of you try to parse e.g. akonadi or any other project
> > using Boost in KDevelop on Mac? There used to be threading related static
> > initialization issues on Mac, which I hope are fixed in the meantime
> > though.
> > But since I never tested it really, I cannot be sure.
>
> I've tried to open akonadi in KDevelop/Mac.
> First, it crashed in CMake support (see backtrace).
> Then I tried generic project manager and it worked. No crashes so far. And
> it did find/parse boost on my system.

Hmm odd - it says thread 0 crashed but that is in the eventloop, no? Rather
thread 13 looks fishy, i.e. quite deeply nested. Does someone with Os X
experience could take a look? What does "(pooled)" mean?

And Adymo: can you reproduce the crash with CMake support? Could you enable
the cmake debug areas and pipe the output somewhere and upload the tarball
somewhere so we/Aleix could take a look at it? Maybe we can spot something
from that?

Thanks for the testing. I'm not sure whether testing it with the generic
manager is enough as than the include paths e.g. won't be set and it might not
parse half of whats required actually. But if you say it found/parsed boost,
it should hopefully be a bit more stable than back then!

Cheers
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de