supporting python2 and python3 in kdevelop

Sven Brauch svenbrauch at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 10 14:14:27 UTC 2013

Hmm, this is more difficult than I expected. It's not easily possible to
separate which files need to be parsed with python 2 and which with python 3
(they can be outside of the project, or in multiple projects, or relevant for
both language versions like django, ...), and using both gets messy. So I
guess switching language plugins on a per-project basis is not a good idea.

Thus the next best option is switching it per session. Do we have a place to
provide configuration UI for a session? I guess not?
Otherwise, I could also imagine placing the UI in the project config dialog
(which is also where people will look for it) and putting a note there that
it'll be stored along with the session. Do you think that's an exceptionally
bad idea?

Greetings,
Sven