vi mode

Sven Brauch svenbrauch at googlemail.com
Tue May 28 18:14:20 UTC 2013

Hi!

kate has removed the vi mode status bar (the one which says "VI:
NORMAL MODE" etc.). They display it in their status line instead. We
don't have the status line so it's not being displayed at all. Thus,
we need to do something (or decide we don't need it displayed).

I would write the code, but I don't use vi input mode and I'm thus not
sure what would be appropriate. I would dislike putting it in the tab
bar (where the line/column number is) since there's so much stuff
there already and not much space available. We could just add a new
status bar, and effectively get the old thing back (iff vi mode is
enabled). Other ideas?

What would you do?

Cheers,
Sven