Project Filtering

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Jul 25 14:47:04 UTC 2013

On Thursday 25 July 2013 14:44:10 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 8:26 AM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Unfortunately I didn't get around testing the branch yesterday, maybe I
> > can do that sometime during the day today.
>
> Hmm, "doesn't work" ;) I've just checked out the projectfilter branch in
> kdevplatform and kdevelop and rebuilt+reinstalled both. I see the new KCM
> (kinda odd with a generic project manager project) and can add stuff there,
> but it does not seem to filter quickopen or the project tree...

What project manager did you use? If cmake, then yes, its not implemented
there. If anything else, it should work (and did for me last time I checked?).

> I think the UI is ok as it is for now, its not overly pretty but hey this
> is a boring IDE not  plasma active ;)
>
> One thing thats not completely clear from the UI is wether excludes
> overrule includes or vice versa. (my gut feeling would be that includes
> should always override excludes, but maybe the implementation disagrees
> with me?)

Only stuff that is matched by any include rule and _not_ matched by any
exclude rule should be shown. That's how it is right now. That way you could
e.g. include "*.cpp" and "*.h" and then filter out "build/*" to exclude
generated files.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff