Bof Notes and Clang Roadmap

Vyacheslav Blinov vblinov at unison.com
Thu Jul 18 11:19:06 UTC 2013

On Thursday 18 July 2013 12:47:53 Milian Wolff wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I finally wrote down the Bof Notes and the Clang Roadmap. See:
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDevelop4/Akademy2013BofNotes
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDevelop4/ClangRoadmap
>
> Please extend. If you have questions regarding the Clang roadmap or anything
> else, lets discuss this here and I'll try to extend the notes.
>
> Olivier: Please take a look at the clang roadmap - did I miss anything?
> Could you clarify maybe why it didn't work out to integrate clang with the
> existing DUChain?
>
> And to all again: Note that even without Clang, the refactoring to decouple
> the storage from the language abstraction should simplify quite a few
> things. It will also resolve longstanding issues like c++ specific output
> of qualified identifiers or function signatures etc. pp.
>
> Cheers

First of all, great notes on Clang integration, this really makes great sence.

I just wanna add some thoughts about this, since Java plugin still isn't
actively supported, that it is a great oppotunity to rewrite it from scratch
reusing javac sources in the same fashion, using tools like GIWS. It will get
full java support up to Java 8 for free (current plugin sources stuck at Java
6).