unifying libdiff2

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Jul 17 23:28:19 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 17 July 2013 at 13:02:27, Jeremy Whiting wrote:
> Ok, I've got libdiff2 with diffsettings.h|cpp settingsbase.h|cpp moved over
> into it preserving history, and changed komparemodellist.cpp to not need
> kompare_part.h anymore by using the default KActionCollection (I'm not sure
> if that will give the same KActionCollection, but will test once I get
> kompare to build against this new libdiff2) and adding an isReadWrite
> parameter to the KompareModelList ctor.  KomparePart can pass that in when
> it creates the KompareModelList just fine.  The resulting libdiff2 is at
> kde:scratch/whiting/libdiff2 if anyone wants to take a look.  It does still
> need to install headers though.
>
> When trying to build kompare with libdiff2 as a new includepath though I
> realized there are viewsettings and filesettings in kompare/libdialogpages
> that derive from settingsbase also.  So my question is should we move those
> into libdiff2 also?  Then the next question is should all of libdialogpages
> be inside libdiff2 also? It's a bit odd to have filesettings in libdiff2
> but fileview in libdialogpages.

IMHO, libdiff2 should only carry what is needed for diffing, i.e. diffsettings,
and settingsbase because it's required by diffsettings. The other *settings
(viewsettings and filesettings) should stay in libdialogpages (and of course
reuse settingsbase from libdiff2 by depending on libdiff2).

        Kevin Kofler