Github Plugin

Miquel Sabaté mikisabate at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 15:52:08 UTC 2013

Hi list,

Some time ago I created a scratch repository [1] that contains a plugin
that allows KDevelop to fetch projects hosted on Github. Back then it only
allowed to import public repositories. However, in these last two weeks
I've been having some more free time, and I've improved this plugin to also
fetch private repositories. I've uploaded a simple video showing the basic
workflow [2]. It might need some polishing on the UI, but I think it's
ready to go. So, now I have two options:

1. Upload this plugin into KDE Playground (it's now a scratch repo).
2. Merge it into the kdevelop repository. Makes sense since the KDE
provider is also in the kdevelop repo. Som time ago the KDE provider was in
a directory called "providers" and now is under "kdeintegration". In this
case I would restore the "providers" directory and set under this directory
de KDE provider and this new Github plugin.

Note also that this plugin may also be useful when building new providers
for similar services (bitbucket, gitorious, etc.). It would be great to
receive some feedback :P

Cheers,
Miquel

[1] http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=scratch%2Fmssola%2Fghprovider.git