Fwd: KDevelop Build error

Marius Cotofana marius.coto at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 17:00:12 UTC 2013

Hello,

I have tried to compile and run KDevelop, using the instructions here[0],
but get the following error during the copilation of kdedevelop-platform:

CMake Error at
/usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:97
(MESSAGE):
  Could NOT find ZLIB (missing: ZLIB_LIBRARY ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:288
(_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindZLIB.cmake:85
(FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  CMakeLists.txt:18 (find_package)

Is there something else that needs to be installed? Any library that I may
be missing?

[0] -
http://techbase.kde.org/KDevelop4/HowToCompile#3._Configure_and_install

Thank you,