KTextEditor Plugins

Dominik Haumann dhaumann at kde.org
Mon Dec 23 17:06:05 UTC 2013

On Monday 23 December 2013 11:26:47 Emmanuel Lepage-Vallée wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just my own 2 cents before the thread end (I won't go to your sprint, so,
> for me, it is now or never). I would like to point out that I have 3 (or 4,
> depending on how you count) Kte plugins of my own. So there is definitely
> more than 0 out there :P. Of these 4, only one is in good enough shape
> and/or relevant enough to be used by other users:
>
> * Use different colors to highlight parantheses (and [], <<, >> )depth
> http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=scratch%2Flepagevalleeemmanuel%2Fkte_highlight_pa
> rentheses_plugin.git(only highlight the current line to prevent slowness in
> incomplete code)
> * One is for changing the ctrl+ left / right word boundary
> for different languages
> * One add a few Kactions things like add ")" and/or ";" at the end on the
> line without moving the cursor

This can be done with scripts:
http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/applications/kate/dev-scripting.html#dev-scripting-command-line
with an additional "function action(cmd) ..." will do the trick.

> * The last one is a Doxygen completion and validation engine I wrote for
> Umbrello a while back, it is in a branch somewhere.

Can be done with scripts, as long as this is not about popup completion ;)

But ok - I don't want to turn this discussion into scripting kate part.
It's important to keep the scripting in mind, though, since it's a much more
easy and cross platform way of extending Kate on Part level.

Greetings,
Dominik