Kdevelop4 4.3 and 4.6 runs like a pig on AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3200+

Sven Brauch svenbrauch at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 20 19:36:33 UTC 2013

Oh you run it *remotely*.
Maybe it would have made sense to mention that a bit earlier, because
it is very relevant.

Qt4 now by default uses a raster graphicssystem which draws images
into pixmaps and the draws the pixmaps on the screen. That is very
slow via X11 forwarding. Use kdevelop -graphicssystem native to get
back to the old variant.

Greetings,
Sven