Enabling C++11 for KDevelop 4.7

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sat Dec 14 16:01:41 UTC 2013

On Saturday 02 November 2013 14:42:58 Milian Wolff wrote:
> Me again ;-)
>
> Another topic that was brought up before: I want to enable C++11 as a
> _mandatory_ dependency for KDevelop 4.7 (i.e. current master) and upward.
> The just branched 4.6 is not affected by that.
>
> I want to target the following compilers/features:
>
> GCC 4.7: http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.7/cxx0x_status.html
> -> Even available in Debian Wheezy (stable)
>
> Clang 3.1: http://clang.llvm.org/cxx_status.html
> -> if I'm not mistaken has all the features of GCC 4.7

I've now commited this.

Note that I accidentally said we can use anything from GCC 4.8 - this is
_WRONG_. Please stick to the subset supported by GCC 4.7 as otherwise we'd
loose the ability to build on Debian stable!

So, sorry for the confusion.

Bye

PS: There are still some external plugins which I've not yet enabled C++11
during compilation. Please add them where they are missing in the master
branches by adding this to your top-level CMakeLists.txt before you
add_directory or build anything:

if(CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCXX OR CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ID STREQUAL "Clang" OR
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ID STREQUAL "Intel")
    set(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS "${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS} -std=c++11")
endif()

Furthermore my patches from today show some other cleanups one could (and
should) do in the CMakeLists.txt. Please apply those to the other plugins as
well!
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de