Vi Mode Bar => Status-Bar

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Wed Apr 3 12:59:25 UTC 2013

We could emit the viewEditMode signal with some value >= 2 for vi modes,
then kdevelop could create some bar with a label to show the viewMode() string for that case.

Beside that currently the viewEditMode enum doesn't have the values for this, that should work,
or?

Greetings
Christoph

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----
> I've talked to Andreas about this, the solution he suggested was
> providing the vi mode stuff as a seperate widget to the application
> embedding the editor, and letting it handle it -- with a way for the
> application to reject handling it, in which case it would work as it
> works now.
> This sounds like a good idea to me, it would allow us to not have a
> status bar while not in vi mode, and you could merge the bars on your
> side. Would that work?
>
> Cheers,
> Sven

AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com