kdevplatform/kdevelop master branches broken!! [Re: unittests branch merged]

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sat Oct 27 14:55:03 UTC 2012

On Saturday 27 October 2012 13:54:20 Miha Čančula wrote:
> 2012/10/27 Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de>
>
> > On Saturday 27 October 2012 00:59:32 Aleix Pol wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > > Good news from Vienna again, we decided to merge the unit test support
> > > from Miha's branch to master, so that we can polish it for the next
> > > KDevelop version. Let's make it rock! :)
> >
> > Bad news: this merge completely reverted the work of the last weeks in
> > kdevplatform and also some essential commits in kdevelop - please stay
> > tuned
> > until we sort this mess out :(
> >
> > @Miha and the rest: If you merge master into your feature branch and get
> > strange unrelated conflicts... don't just blindly do stuff but actually
> > figure
> > out whats going on there... sigh
>
> Ouch, I'm terribly sorry about this. The conflicts I got were neither
> strange nor unrelated, and there was nothing about the files mentioned in
> Aleix's merge (only some CMakeLists and the patchreview plugin). I realize
> I should have checked all the files that were changed.

Take a look at this:

git show 64e5d77f94440c878ac8a3f3ad36bb8d1d90988d

Then tell me again it doesn't contain unrelated changes ;-) Maybe what you did
was git merge followed by a git pull --rebase or something like that? Anyhow,
whatever you did, you broke stuff horribly.

> Glad to hear that you cleaned it up, I really hope it wasn't too much work.

It was far too much work... Anyhow, I've created unittest-clean branches for
both kdevplatform and kdevelop now. Please take a look at them and ensure they
work as advertised. Then we can redo the merge to master again (maybe let me
handle it this time... I really don't want that to happen again *sigh*).

Cheers
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de