Issues parsing buildoutput

Morten Volden mvolden2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 20:29:56 UTC 2012

2012/10/16 Peter M. Clausen <petermichaelclausen at gmail.com>

> Hi Morten,
>
> I will not be hacking much in KDE - I'm a fortran guy, not C++ :-)) So
> before I add an account and all I would ask if you perhaps would to look at
> the (fairly trivial) changes I made? And if they are OK push them into the
> master branch. I'm new to git as well, so I dont really get it regarding
> pushing changes...
>
> Any change that I propose will still need to be reviewed by the core
developers. In theory I could still do that, but I sincerely believe that
both you and KDevelop is best helped if you do.

> I believe that the files attached are OK ('modified_files.tar.gz') - if
> you want the diff it is in 'diff_origin_master.txt'. I've modified the
> tests as well, and they run without errors.
>
> One thing I dont understand is that it does NOT work for gfortran in
> kdevelop! (see Screenshot_kdev.png). It does not highlight and I cant jump
> in code. If you install gfortran it should be strainght forward to open the
> Cmake-mini-test_f (in 'test_f.tar.gz') I've made.
>
> I have not had the time to try out your patch on my machine, but I think I
may have an idea of why the unit test passes and it fails when you compile.
The gfortranError2 test you have written: You are feeding the errorInLine
function multiple lines, but when you compile it will receive each line
separately, and therefore the regex will not match.

Regards

Morten