C++11 Platform Support

Artur Bać artur at ebasoft.com.pl
Sun Nov 25 16:41:45 UTC 2012

>FreeBSD situation?
FreeBSD uses by default and is stick to gcc 4.2 (the have plans to
switch do clang for world and kernel ) but there is no problem to
install other version of gcc from ports even a snapshot of 4.8

>Windows? If anything breaks on MSVC it’s imo not an issue as KDevelop

right.

>is defacto dead on Windows (noone is working on it there)

wrong :-)
For last months I work on kdevelop on windows with mingw4.7
I have corrected code for git and gdb on windows for myself.
It is not dead , or at least dont make it dead for example by makeing
dependecies on features that are low level unix/posix/linux specific.
I build kdevelop as 32 or 64bit with gcc 4.6, i was unable to build
kdevelop with gcc 4.7/mingw