QHash vs. unordered_map

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sat Nov 24 17:34:39 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 21 November 2012 20:15:58 Milian Wolff wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> can you please share the numbers for a release build running the following
> test from KDevplatform:
>
> language/duchain/tests/itemrepositorytest.shell testStringHashPerformance
>
> See 7465cc39f13edc4a4e99cf033a5751c8339018e0 for my numbers. If people can
> confirm this, then I'll refactor our code to use QHash and drop the nasty
> ifdef code.
>
> Cheers
>
> PS: Looking at the usage of hash_map in KDevelop's cpp parser, I'd say that
> its just overdesigned and could also easily be using a QHash.

Since I only got confirmations about this finding, I've now committed the
refactorings to both KDevelop and KDevplatform. The code is now much cleaner
and apparently also faster - neat!

Note: We now compile *without* C++11 mode everywhere. This means less
accidental breakages. For KDevelop 4.6 I want to change that and make a subset
of C++11 a mandatory dependency, but for that see the separate mailing list
thread.

Cheers
--
Milian Wolff