KDevelop at akademy-fr on november 24th

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Nov 8 00:48:51 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 9:03 PM, Lambert Clara <lambert.clara at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hello all !
>
> I'll be speaking about KDevelop at akademy-fr in Toulouse on november 24th !
>
> I'll try to present the features that makes of it the best IDE ever ;)
> One of the objectives is to try and demonstrate that it can be used for
> other things than KDE applications development.
>
> Here is a list with some of the things I'll try to show :
>   * C++  support
>     - Project navigation, ClassView, QuickOpen
>     - Syntax coloring
>     - Refactoring
>     - C++11
>     - Doxygen tags
>   * Python and Ruby languages support
>   * Version control system integration :
>     - Git
>     - Subversion
>   * Buildsystems support :
>     - CMake
>     - Custom Makefile
>   * Text editor and environment :
>     - Working Sets
>     - Katepart (code-folding, bookmarks, ...)
>     - Find/Replace in files
>     - Snippets
>   * Tools integration :
>     - gdb
>     - ManPages
>     - Reviewboard
>
>   * Extensions possibilities
>
> Do not hesitate to give me feedbacks about this list. I look forward for any
> suggestions or tips (it will be my first talk :) ).
>
> The planning of the akademy-fr and a small description of the talk are
> available at http://toulibre.org/akademyfr (the presentation will be in
> french).
>
> I hope to see some of you then !
> Lambert
>

> --

Hi Lambert!
It's good to see that KDevelop will be represented in the Akademy-fr!

As a recommendation, I'd suggest you to focus on language features
like showing that C++/Python/PHP/Ruby projects are properly parsed and
that completion and code navigation work out of the box (I'd show C++
and a scripted language and explain which ones are supported).

Also, you can display some other features like gdb support or some
others, but if you show lots of little features you risk lose the
attention of the public (been there ;).

Good luck!
Aleix