performance optimization breaks tests

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Nov 4 09:39:16 UTC 2012

Hi,

the recent optimization of using IndexedString in the project API
breaks ui-tests. Or rather it makes it necessary to have anything that
uses TestProject also create the complete kdevplatform shell. This is
not good, tests should be easy to setup, extend, maintain and run and
requiring a Core for a simple test-app is a major downside IMHO.

I noticed this regression with the ui-testapp I've written to test
ui-changes in the kcm for project-managers/custom-buildsystem. It
crashes now because suddenly an itemrepository is required for a
TestProject and this requires Core etc. to be setup.

Any ideas how to fix that (without re-introducing the memory overhead again)?