Code completion search paths

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Mar 26 17:31:08 UTC 2012

On 26.03.12 18:53:06, Alexander Rössler wrote:
> Hello developers,
>
> I have a small question: How can I change the kdevelop search paths? I set
> up kdevelop for developing avr projects and so I came to problem that
> kdevelop does no find the avr headers (but it compiles). Is there any way
> to tell kdevelop where to search for functions and macros?

That actually depends on which project manager you chose when importing
the project. For CMake the cmake-files will be queried which usually
works (but not always). For the custom-buildsystem plugin the paths can
be configured under Project->Open Configuration. Just enter a project
path in the first list and then the include-dirs that should be set for
it in the second list.

For the filemanager and the custom-makefile plugins the way Sven
outlined is the way to go. (though I think kdevelop tries to run make in
the build-folder corresponding to a given source-folder for fetching the
include-dirs, so it ought to work for most makefile-based buildsystems
including automake)