KDevelop and Java

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Mar 12 12:35:19 UTC 2012

On Saturday 10 March 2012 12:41:32 Detlev Casanova wrote:
> On Thursday 08 March 2012 12:28:15 Milian Wolff wrote:

> > > I'll try to make it compile with the new range interface, then make sure
> > > it
> > > works and see if it can be used properly with new versions of kdevelop.
> > >
> > > Do people on this mailing list and on #kdevelop know about that new
> > > range
> > > interface ? In case I have questions :-)
> >
> > Very nice.
> >
> > commit dcbeb493ea86547af81d5a90fa168cc152ab4efa in kdev-php might be
> > interesting, yet there can of course be follow-up commits that fix the odd
> > bug. I can of course assist you via email/irc if I have time. Just drop
> > the
> > mail to this mailing list.
>
> I hit reply to author last time, sorry.
>
> It now compiles and KDevelop loads it properly (I would say that kdev-php
> and kdev-java are based on each other, as the code is a comparable.)
>
> It still doesn't work properly and, for instance, doesn't find errors
> (System.out.printlnThatDoesNotExist("Hello world"); is not underlined, which
> it should be I suppose...)

Afaiks this never worked.

> I'll keep looking into ParseJob::run() which is the most probable place that
> makes it not working.

No, this should actually be done by the usebuilder.

> Also, autocompletion doesn't work but I haven't got there yet (except for
> porting)

It never worked for imports, only - barely - for file-local defined stuff.

> Also, I created a kdevelop template. Can the kdev-java plugin provide such
> templates when it is installed (for instance : CMake and Java) ?

Sure.

> Is there something like an Ant plugins yet ?

Not to my knowledge. You can write one based on the AbstractFileManagerPlugin,
it is (imo) quite straight forward. If you need help, just ask here.

> Finally, how do you prefer getting the code ? I committed it into my local
> git repo, in master. Mail ? Reviewboard ? Something else ?

You probably don't have a developer account yet, hence I'd like to see the
patch on reviewboard first. If it's multiple commits, just to get it
compiling, please squash the commits for review, but send them later on as
created by "git format-patch".

Thanks for taking care of this! Cheers
--
Milian Wolff