KDevelop and Java

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Mar 8 11:28:15 UTC 2012

On Thursday 08 March 2012 10:25:22 Detlev Casanova wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 March 2012 16:11:38 Aleix Pol wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Detlev Casanova
> >
> > <detlev.casanova at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello !
> > > I'd like to know what's the status of the Java plugin for KDevelop.
> > > After
> > > having a look on the git repository, it seems that it's been a while
> > > since
> > > the last commit.
> > >
> > > Is it unmaintained ?
> > > Has it become not interresting anymore ?
> > >
> > > Would you like to see it back on tracks or are there other priorities ?
> > >
> > > Detlev Casanova.
> > >
> > > --
> >
> > Script Kiddy doesn't count as maintaining. :P
> >
> > The last time I looked (last summer) the Java language support was not
> > that bad, it has to be ported to new Kate ranges interface, because
> > the one we used to have was deprecated some time ago.
> >
> > Short answer: needs work, but not a huge amount of work.
>
> I'll try to make it compile with the new range interface, then make sure it
> works and see if it can be used properly with new versions of kdevelop.
>
> Do people on this mailing list and on #kdevelop know about that new range
> interface ? In case I have questions :-)

Very nice.

commit dcbeb493ea86547af81d5a90fa168cc152ab4efa in kdev-php might be
interesting, yet there can of course be follow-up commits that fix the odd
bug. I can of course assist you via email/irc if I have time. Just drop the
mail to this mailing list.

PS: Once it compiles, make sure to set X-KDevelop-Version=14 in the *.desktop
file, and run kbuildsycoca4 after installation. Otherwise the plugin won't be
loaded into kdevplatform master.

bye
--
Milian Wolff