Appended lists / DUChain item repository problem

Sven Brauch svenbrauch at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 8 01:01:53 UTC 2012

Hi there,

I'm again not able to write a working DUChain data class. :(
All I want is a class that contains a list of IndexedType objects. The
first time object is created, this works fine, but if I close kdevelop
and start it again, I get a crash (if the data is loaded from the
disk). To reproduce, you can just checkout commit 7cdb1e5 in the
indexedtypes branch in kdev-python, then create a file like

d = 1, 2, 3
f = d[0]

then restart kdevelop twice; it will crash. Here's a valgrind log of
the crash happening:
http://paste.kde.org/495134/

The relevant code is probably in duchain/types/indexedcontainer.h,
especially the APPENDED_LISTS stuff. I really have no idea what might
be wrong here, or how to debug it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Sven