Remote debugging not working break points not working....

Michael Hart michael.george.hart at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 21:43:01 UTC 2012

Perhaps I am missing the finder details for remote debugging: using my
latest build from trunk about one month ago

Configure Launches->remote-debug->New Native Application
Configuration->Debug

*On the "Remote Debugging" Panel *
Config gdb script: <blank/empty>
Run shell script: gdb-remote.sh
Run gdb script: gdb-target.gdb

where files
*
gdb-remote.sh content is*:
#!/bin/sh
ssh eris "gdbserver eris:2345
/home/XMan/Documents/kdevelop4/remote-debug/build/remote-debug"

AND
*gdb-target.gdb content is*:
define remote_debug_eris
  set remote exec-file
/home/XMan/Documents/kdevelop4/remote-debug/build/remote-debug
  target extended-remote eris:2345
end

remote_debug_eris

The remote machine is a 32 bit machine and the host is 64 bit

*The C++ program is*:
#include <iostream>

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
    std::cout << "Hello, world!" << std::endl;

    std::cout << "This is a test" << std::endl;

    return 0;
}

I build this program in debug mode on the remote machine

*From the host machine Run->Debug Launch*

I then see:
Process /home/XMan/Documents/kdevelop4/remote-debug/build/remote-debug
created; pid = 6085
Listening on port 2345
Remote debugging from host 192.168.10.101
*
and the "Continue" button not grayed*.
Now I set breaks point on all three lines and hit the "Continue" button and
see:

Process /home/XMan/Documents/kdevelop4/remote-debug/build/remote-debug
created; pid = 6085
Listening on port 2345
Remote debugging from host 192.168.10.101
Hello, world!
This is a test

Child exited with status 0
*** Exited normally ***

None of the break points worked.
Can anyone help me properly setup kdevelop 4 for remote debugging?

NOTE: I have tested remote debugging outside of kdevelop4 environment and
everything works as expected

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Michael