Sublime Tool View: deferred loadSettings

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 20:54:21 UTC 2012

Hello Alexander,

I have an issue with Sublime dockwidgets loading their settings (ie sizes).
In sublime/mainwindow.cpp:161 you defer the loadSettings call using a
queued connection [1]
and that is causing me troubles now. Because I want to show another
toolview right after switching
(programatically) the area - which gets hidden again by the defered
loadSettings.

You can even reproduce in current master or 4.3:
- Go to Debug Area
- Close all Tool Views
- Go to Code Area
- Start debugger
- KDevelop switches to Debug Area and opens "Debug" output view tool view
- somehow it's open but it's height is set to 0! (see attached screenshot)

What I tried is to call loadSettings directly - and it worked for me!
So my question is why you deferred the call?

thanks!
Niko

[1] http://api.kde.org/extragear-api/kdevelop-apidocs/kdevplatform/sublime/html/mainwindow_8cpp_source.html#l00158