KDevelop 4.2.60 floods .xsession-errors file

Gerhard Stengel gstengel at gmx.net
Mon Jan 2 23:36:27 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've observed a strange problem in KDevelop 4.2.60: When KDevelop parses a C++
project it writes lots of messages like

kdevelop(4732)/kdevelop (cpp support) IncludePathComputer::computeBackground:
Include-path was missing in list returned by build-manager, adding it now.
file was:
KUrl("file:///home/gerhard/src/kdevplatform/project/projectutils.cpp") missing
path: "/home/gerhard/src/kdevplatform/build/project/"

into my .xsession-errors file (This wasn't the case with 4.2.3, but so far
it's no harm). However, after a while this stops and this message

HistoryFile::add.seek: Das Argument ist ungültig

is written into .xsession-errors with an incredible speed instead. The file
grows within minutes to several gigabytes until my quota is exceeded! This
makes KDevelop 4.3 unfortunately unusable for me at the moment :-(

This behaviour only seems to appear for quite large projects which keeps the
context parser busy for several 10 min. You won't see it with the kdevelop
project.

Is there any way how to fix that?

best regards

Gerhard