kdevplatform textdocument.cpp

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Feb 29 17:44:20 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 29 February 2012 17:46:42 Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 February 2012 23:35:16 Lambert CLARA wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I noticed when working on my bookmarks patch that since 82cc03546384d,
> > TextDocument::close() method in shell/textdocument.cpp is not called
> > anymore when I close a file tab, but only when exitting kdevelop
> > completely. Was this intended ? i.e. should I find a new place for the
> > KTextEditor writeSessionConfig part of my patch :) ?
>
> yeah I think I have found out whats going on there and will show a patch
> soon (on reviewboard)

scratch that, the whole working set code once again makes it nearly impossible
to track this down.

But I have some news: We are really messing up the management of KatePart, the
document's are *leaked* until one closes KDevelop. Just look for yourself:

open kdevelop
attach gdb
set a breakpoint in KateDocument::~KateDocument
open a file in kdevelop
close it

=> breakpoint is *not* hit

close kdevelop
-> break point is hit

this is *really* a bad idea. A kate document *must* be closed as soon as
possible, otherwise will eat up your memory sooner rather than later...

bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de