GSOC 2012

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Tue Feb 21 01:48:29 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:

> Hey all!
>
> We should come up with at least one GSOC topic for this year. Best would
> be if
> we can get the idea until Feb 27th.
>
> I'd ask anyone to get up with an idea. I'll gladly play the role of a
> mentor
> this year.
>
> Please read this though:
> http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2012/01/the-
> importance-of-mentoring/
>
> Further notes:
>
> I will not mentor a *new* language plugin if the student didn't show his
> ability (through patches to KDev code) before. Smaller tasks in the
> existing
> language plugins might be OK though. Sven, you should also think about
> doing a
> GSOC for python. I'd mentor you and we could together try to get a rock
> solid
> Python plugin over the summer?

I'd be happy if someone could take over my attempt to fix git progress
bar and actually work on some general way to deal with this among all
VCS plugins (when I worked on this months ago I only looked at the Git
case).That's my last Reviewboard patch pending[0] but I haven't had a
chance to look into the issue again. Sounds good for GSOC?

David E. Narváez

[0] https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/103380/