GSOC 2012

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Feb 16 20:46:46 UTC 2012

On Thursday 16 February 2012 20:00:54 Steffen Ohrendorf wrote:
> What I'd like to see is a better Windows integration, mainly the MinGW/GCC
> toolchain. As far as I can tell from my own half-hearted efforts, this task
> should be a relatively easy one.

Yes, windows support would be cool, but it requires a mentor with Windows
knowledge, which we dont have.

So this won't do for a GSOC.

> Apart from that, MSVC compiler support (and maybe even .vcproj/.sln support)
> would be cool so that I could use it on work, but that would include
> changing the C++ parser (and maybe the DUChain) to support Microsoft's
> language extensions.

Would require some work, but in theory possible. I just doubt it's something
that we should spent time on though. We should rather try to get it running at
all under Windows and have some way to compile + debug applications. People
who use some non-standard C++ features probably stick to VS anyways.

> In other words: Make it possible to handle other compilers than GCC by
> providing an interface/GUI to define custom compiler output parsing (like
> vim does) and environment initialization.

This is possible already.

bye
--
Milian Wolff