GSOC 2012

henry miller hank at millerfarm.com
Thu Feb 16 18:00:09 UTC 2012

Where should we collect them? I see some good ideas in reply to the latest beta announcement, plus there is this message. Maybe as part of a larger KDE ideas page? A wiki page can work well...

I have some ideas, but it seems like a waste to write them if nobody will see them.

Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:

Hey all!

We should come up with at least one GSOC topic for this year. Best would be if
we can get the idea until Feb 27th.

I'd ask anyone to get up with an idea. I'll gladly play the role of a mentor
this year.

Please read this though: http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2012/01/the-
importance-of-mentoring/

Further notes:

I will not mentor a *new* language plugin if the student didn't show his
ability (through patches to KDev code) before. Smaller tasks in the existing
language plugins might be OK though. Sven, you should also think about doing a
GSOC for python. I'd mentor you and we could together try to get a rock solid
Python plugin over the summer?

bye

--
Milian Wolff