restore URLs in core file selection dialog

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Feb 2 07:51:42 UTC 2012

On 02.02.12 06:26:20, Gerhard Stengel wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 1. Februar 2012, 08:32:17 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > On 01.02.12 01:13:14, Gerhard Stengel wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I think it's a bit cumbersome that the dialog for the selection of core
> > > file doesn't remember the URLs. If you want to inspect a core file
> > > several times, you have to navigate to it and the executable again and
> > > again. That's quite time consuming.
> > >
> > > The attached patch remembers the last URLs during the session.
> > >
> > > Or would you like me to start a review in the board?
> >
> > KDE already has a widget that allows to select urls and stores the last
> > used ones in a list. Its called something like KUrlComboBoxRequester or
> > so.
> >
> OK, thanks, I'll look for this widget.
> What is also not optimal with the solution posted is that when calling the
> kurl dialogue the first time in a session, it starts with your home directory,
> but I think the project root would be much better.

Which project, there could be multiple ones and IIUC this is not in the
project config dialog... But we do have a configurable base url for
newly-generated projects which you could use as startup folder. I don't
know off-hand wether there's a public getter for this but you should be
able to see the config key in shell/settings/projectpreferences.cpp

I believe using the combo-requester would also make it much easier to
permanently store the urls, so its not only remembered during a session
but across sessions.