Review Request: Fix bug 308846 Clicking on messages does not move the cursor to that location.

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Dec 19 19:35:40 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 3:28 PM, Jeremy Murphy
<jeremy.william.murphy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15 December 2012 21:06, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
>> > I find having both the notice and warning lines of text coming up orange
>> > be confusing and distracting.  Are those colours configurable somehow?
>> > Would be difficult to make them so?
>>
>> Its indeed bogus that warnings and information use the same color
>> role, they should definitly be different. I've changed it now to use
>> the Link text color from the color scheme. I think that matches better
>> than using Active text since its not active itself or new or
>> something, just something thats clickable to go 'elsewhere' from
>> clicking.
>
> The link identity is definitely an improvement, thanks.  However, I think
> you have accidentally introduced a bug in doing so, as I have seen an error
> message appear in the link colour, although *most* of them appear correctly.
> I'll try to narrow it down.  Cheers.

I bet this was the same before, if you look at the commit at
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdevplatform.git&a=commitdiff&h=8b6bfba875a1d0a27aeadeb7fcafbdc5583e6eed
you'll notice that I did not touch the matching of lines at all. If I
understand the filters correctly some 'parts' of an error may actually
be highlighted as info-lines because they do not contain the 'error'
keyword but refer to locations nonetheless. I guess errors from
templates and errors which are coming from included files fall into
this category.