Missing keyboard shortcut for 'stop'

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Dec 16 19:57:59 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:
> On Saturday 15 December 2012 14:09:31 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> it seems the keyboard shortcut (and configurability) for the Stop
>> action has been removed. Before investigating why, I wanted to
>> double-check wether this was maybe done intentionally? The default of
>> using Escape caused some grief for me too, but at least one could
>> configure to something thats used less often accidentally.
>
> can't remember anything like that - probably a regression :(

I think its not a regression, but rather a problem of the action
itself. The action is actually a KActionMenu and I think thats why the
shortcut dialog does not show it. I'd like to move the action away
from Esc since I end up hitting that often once too much when trying
to escape out of the kate search bar. As it is, the only way I see
this to happen is introduce a "Stop All" action with the Shortcut and
have a "Stop Jobs" KActionMenu which lists all the jobs and does
nothing itself. This means instead of the single entry we have now
there's be two menu and toolbar entries. Or alternatively someone
dives into kdelibs trying to figure out why the shortcuts dialog does
not allow to configure a shortcut for KActionMenu.

Thoughts?