OutputView behavior and usage

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Dec 6 17:16:38 UTC 2012

On Thursday 06 December 2012 15:05:24 Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> On 6 December 2012 14:37, Ivan Shapovalov <intelfx100 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > BTW - how do you think it'd be most convenient to do "history"?
> > Maybe a right-click on a tab which will activate a dropdown list?
>
>  What about keeping it in the buffer, scrolled up and
> visually separated?
> Perhaps even as collapsed outlines (numbered), as code blocks in editor :)

Yes, I think QtCreator did a fairly good job here - we should try to copy them
in that regard imo.

Personally, if I hit "build" with a multi item build selection, I want to see
it all in one output view. If one job fails, the whole build job should be
stopped.

Regarding launches I think your idea is good. Have one output view with the
ability to pin it, otherwise just plug in the output there and reuse an
existing view.

Cheers
--
Milian Wolff