Pushing into origin/master with a new change description

Morten Volden mvolden2 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 08:42:27 UTC 2012

Not quite sure if I broke something in the remote repo or not (I sincerely
hope not), so just to make sure.

I took the changes made in my local development branch (for both
kdevplatform and kdevelop ) and merged them into my local master.

Then did:

git push

Browsing the remote repository I see that there is no revision number to
these changes and there is no change description.

What I really wanted was to have a single change description for all the
small commits that was made in the development branch. I naively expected
git to present me with the option to do this at some point in the process.

So the question is:

a) Is the remote repository broken?

b) Is there some way to fix the change description in the remote repo?

/Morten