KDevelop GSOC 2012

Miha Čančula miha.cancula at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 15:31:35 UTC 2012

On Torek 24. of April 2012 16:34:58 you wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> it should be official by now, so many congratulations to our two students
> for this years GSOC!
>
> Miha Čančula will work on a "Template System for KDevelop", but the title
> does not have enough information - go read the full proposal:
>
> http://www.google-
> melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2012/noughmad/37002
>
> Our second student is Miquel Sabaté, who will continue to rock the Ruby
> language plugin:
>
> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2012/mssola/1
>
> I'm looking forward to work with you two! Make sure that you are registered
> to our mailing list and hang out on #kdevelop on IRC from time to time.
>
> If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask us (via the ML).
>
> Cheers, I'm positively sure that we can look forward to a productive summer!
Thank you, and thank you again for accepting us!

I too look forward to this summer, KDevelop has been my IDE of choice for
several years now and I feel great about being paid to work on it.

The first part of my project involves KAppTemplate more than KDevelop itself,
and due to the small size of the program I think I'll manage to get to know it
before coding starts.

Of course, I will probably have more questions later about file templates, as
it would be useful to get input from both users and possible creators of said
templates. Even until then, I'm subscribed to the list and regularely on the
IRC channel, so feel free to ask or suggest anything.

Once again, I feel great about working with KDevelop the whole summer. Thanks!