Quickopen delay

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sun Apr 15 20:52:57 UTC 2012

On Sunday 15 April 2012 15:34:54 David Nolden wrote:
> I guess this is resolved in current trunk, right?
>
> Personally, I also preferred the sluggish but lag-free version of
> before. Only for really huge projects the delay might be a problem.
> Also, I originally designed the quickopen to be very efficient, but
> since I didn't review the recent quickopen changes too thoroughly, I
> fear that this is not the case anymore... :-(

Sure, the original was "faster" but it didn't offer sorting nor other very
useful features, making it less useful for users. Anyhow, I actually spent
quite some time on optimizing it recently.

The current version will still apply the sluggish filtering for lists below
10k items, which is imo still too much. At least on my machines, filtering is
very sluggish then... But well, if you guys think this is desirable, then I
follow your group decision.

Cheers
--
Milian Wolff