Split plugins from quanta repository into own repositories

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Apr 15 18:27:01 UTC 2012

On 15.04.12 16:55:54, Niko Sams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to split out 3 plugins from quanta, as we discussed in Randa last year.
>
> Reasons:
> - easier to compile (without having to build all of (unstable) quanta)
> - possible to release on it's own
> - easier to find
>
> You can find here the split out repositories:
> scratch/nsams/kdev-executebrowser.git
> scratch/nsams/kdev-upload.git
> scratch/nsams/kdev-xdebug.git
>
> What's the correct way to get them reviewed and whom to ask for a repository?

The repositories can be created by sysadmins and then you can push your
content to them (or they might be able to just copy too).

The review part depends on where you want them to be on
projects.kde.org, they could be added as subprojects under Quanta, they
could go along other playground plugins for kdevelop under
playgroun/devtools/plugins. If the plugins are considered somewhat
stable they should probably go to extragear/kdevelop/plugins (or you
could ask to create extragear/quanta/plugins if you prefer), for those
places the usual way of doing things is to let the projects go through
the kde review process. That should be documented on techbase somewhere
I think (basically means sending a mail to the development list and
maybe kde-devel and fix up whatever people complain about) and means a 2
week review period after which the projects can be moved to their
destination on projects.kde.org (unless there are serious objections).