Quanta Perl support

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sat Sep 17 16:15:19 UTC 2011

On Sunday 18 September 2011 02:26:35 Golyashov Sergey wrote:
> Hi, Milian.

Hey there

<snip>

> I also want to add support for Perl, like the present for the PHP, but I can
> not find where to start and where to find a guide to plugins for Kdevelop.
> Can you help me?

There is still no proper tutorial/documentation on how to do it. But there are
language plugins for quite some languages already, look at e.g.
ruby/python/php for plugin in various states of feature-richeness. In general,
you'll need to look at the following interfaces in KDevplatform:
LanguageSupport, ParseJob, Abstract*Builder

You furthermore need a parser+lexer for your language, in case of perl I'd
personally not try to write my own but look around for ready-to-reuse
bison/flex files or similar.

Generally, please direct such questions to kdevelop-devel at kdevelop.org (please
register).

bye