cpp plugin: visitor & context madness

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Oct 25 23:54:54 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 25 October 2011 22:32:15 Milian Wolff wrote:
> Hey all,

<snip>

> e) the visitor and some other api uses "const DUContext*", others expect
> just a DUContext*. Theroetically I prefer the former, but as soon as you
> try to use DUContextPointer / IndexedDUContext or similar contains, you
> must use a const_cast - or am I missing something? Could this be improved?
> Should we use plain non-const pointers everywhere?

I've tried to do this now, see attached patch. somehow this triggers use-
building for declarations, i.e.:

int i = 0;

-> i will have 1 use... this is different from the current behavior and hence
probably a nasty regression. somehow I can't figure out where it is introduce,
could someone else try to play a bit with the patch and see what the reason
is?

much appreciated

--
Milian Wolff