Developing the Linux kernel with KDevelop

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Sat Oct 1 19:40:24 UTC 2011

Did you try simply pointing the include-path resolver at the correct
build-directory, so that it determines the include-paths by itself?
That can be done too within the .kdev_include_paths file, or in the
GUI which you used to add custom include paths. If this doesn't work,
then the include-path resolver should be changed so that it also works
in the kernel.

The include path resolver could also resolve the "-include" file.

Then everything the user would need to do is pointing at the correct
build directory to get everything working.

Since the kernel even uses Makefiles, I think the "Custom Makefile"
project-manager is the correct thing to handle this, no? All it would
need is some additional filtering of the subdirectories. I think some
filtering would be useful for _all_ project managers, so maybe we
should pull it up from the generic project manager.

Greetings, David