About CMake support [was KDevelop 4.3]

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Nov 28 18:34:13 UTC 2011

On 28.11.11 21:18:24, Kishore wrote:
> On Monday 28 Nov 2011 3:08:38 PM Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> > > On the topic of cmake support i have a strange problem. In my project, i
> > > have a like
> > >
> > > EXECUTE_PROCESS(COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND}
> > > -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=${CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE} -D<some special options>
> > > ${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}>
> > >     WORKING_DIRECTORY ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/build
> > >
> > > )
> > >
> > > Basically, i am building the same project again in a subdir with some
> > > other special flags. What is strange is that soon as i open the project
> > > is kdevelop it seems to execute the same above command in the
> > > "~/Documents" folder (or kdevelop's current working directory) and I
> > > get all the "CMakeFiles" and other cmake generated files and
> > > directories.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any explanation for this behavior?
> >
> > In master? If so, file a bugreport, master supports the
> > WORKING_DIRECTORY flag in execute_process (or at least it should), so
> > definitely a bug.
>
> Sorry, i should have mentioned that I am using 4.2.3 kubuntu oneiric packages.
> Should I still file a bug is this resolved in master?

I don't know wether your particular case is fixed in master or not. I
can only say that master and 4.2 have code to take care of the working
directory, maybe the working-dir value in your specific case is not
resolving to a valid filesystem path. So if you file a bugreport make
sure to attach a simple cmakelists.txt exposing the problem so that a
developer can easily reproduce and debug the problem.