About CMake support [was KDevelop 4.3]

Mon Nov 28 13:38:27 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 22 Nov 2011 12:55:59 AM Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Monday 21 November 2011 21:58:15 David Nolden wrote:
> > I think it's becoming time, we already have some nice new features
> > together.
> >
> > The current version of KDevelop doesn't seem too stable though. I
> > especially have lots of problems with the cmake support recently, and
> > the "multiple toolviews" feature causes quite a few very frequently
> > visible UI regressions.
>
> Please report such bugs, I'm only aware of one UI regression when switching
> areas nothing else. Same for CMake, it's rock solid for me.

On the topic of cmake support i have a strange problem. In my project, i have a like

EXECUTE_PROCESS(COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND} -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=${CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE} -D<some special options> ${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}
    WORKING_DIRECTORY ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/build
)

Basically, i am building the same project again in a subdir with some other special flags. What is strange is that soon as i open the project is kdevelop it seems to execute the same above command in the "~/Documents" folder (or kdevelop's current working directory) and I get all the "CMakeFiles" and other cmake generated files and directories.

Does anyone have any explanation for this behavior?
--
Cheers!
Kishore