source formatting: what is supposed to be automatic now?

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Fri Nov 25 23:26:18 UTC 2011

Hey all, esp. David.

I saw all these commits recently regarding source formatting, and wonder what
is supposed to be improved now? I thought that the settings between editor and
formatter are now synchronized somehow?

But when I open e.g. sourceformattercontroller.h and override a method in the
class, just for the fun of it, like e.g. this one:

"virtual QAction* action (const QDomElement& element) const;"

I get it indented by four spaces, even though the rest uses two tabs.

Same if I e.g. implement a method, I alwasy get indentation by four spaces,
even in files that only use two spaces.

Is this because I use astyle? Is all this not implemented there?

bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de