increase performance of background parser

Gerhard Stengel gstengel at gmx.net
Tue Nov 1 19:52:54 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm working with a quite big project which the kdevelop background parser
needs almost an hour to scan each time I open it. The CPU load stays quite low
(< 30%) as you would expect for a job running in the background, but I'd wish
to cut down the time a bit. My computer's CPU has 8 cores, so even if the
parser consumed more resources, there'd be enough left. I've already increased
to 8 threads.
Would it be possible to add some feature in the settings dialogue to increase
the resources the parsing may take?

regards

Gerhard