C++0x support macros

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Mon May 30 19:38:08 UTC 2011

On Monday 30 May 2011 18:19:06 Aleix Pol wrote:
> Apparently the "auto" keyword (not standard before?) changed meaning, but
>  otherwise it should all more or less work with code written for the old
>  standard. Great :)

The auto meant "automatic variable", created on the stack You can still write

   void foo() {
     auto int x;
   }

which would mean exactly the same as without auto. Once upon a time, this was
cutting edge tech, to be approached with caution and reverence. Thus, auto has
been a reserved keyword since the dawn of C.

On subject, while it might make sense to be able to flag whether a project (I
presume) is to be compiled for the new C++11 or the old C++93, and even be
useful, it probably *is* a bit tricky and might not be worth it. If it is
done, it should probably be read from the build system.

--
Kind regards, Esben