Providing some KDevelop documentation

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at math.tamu.edu
Tue May 17 16:48:53 UTC 2011

All,
I've copied and written a lot of documentation now. Take a look:
  http://userbase.kde.org/KDevelop4/Manual

There are at least the following areas where I don't know enough and but where
I think that documentation is still missing:

1/ All the kinds of information KDevelop collects about source code and how it
can be used. This includes, for example, hovering over a symbol and get a list
of all uses; the outline mode of a file; etc. I think this is one of the most
useful things KDevelop offers but I don't have a comprehensive overview and so
I don't quite know where to start and how to group it.

2/ Setting up new projects from scratch; there is a brief cmake intro, but
it's brief and it would be good to have something that looks at it from a
higher level.

3/ A list of all tools and what one can do with them.

4/ I'm sure there are things that I don't even know exist in KDevelop and that
I've forgotten.

Would someone be willing to work with me on the topics above? For example by
giving me pointers, bullet point lists, etc, that I can then make into text?

Best
 Wolfgang

Wolfgang Bangerth                email:            bangerth at math.tamu.edu