Providing some KDevelop documentation

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at math.tamu.edu
Tue May 10 19:58:27 UTC 2011

All,
I spent a few days learning KDevelop and writing up my experience for my
fellow developers on the deal.II project (http://www.dealii.org), as well as
for my students who were (rightfully) no longer willing to put up with my
emacs advocacy ;-)

The short: I love KDevelop and by and large it works great even on our code
base of 500+ kloc. The long: There is a certain lack of documentation, as I'm
sure you're aware. So my question:

Would what I wrote here
  http://dealii.sourceforge.net/index.php/Kdevelop
serve as a useful starting point for the KDevelop wiki? If so, I'd be happy to
transfer it there. Right now it's written with our own project in mind, but
I'd be happy to adjust things to make it generic.

Best
 Wolfgang

Wolfgang Bangerth                email:            bangerth at math.tamu.edu