How to register uses for declarations which are outside of the current file?

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Sun Mar 20 16:31:48 UTC 2011

Am 20.03.2011 17:23 schrieb "Sven Brauch" <svenbrauch at googlemail.com>:

> Hey,
>
> thanks for your response.
> When adding such a context, there was suddenly lots of problems I
> couldn't identify exactly; for example, all the highlighting was gone
> (probably because of the uses not being reported properly? don't
> know). This is strange of course, I'd have expected nothing to happen.
> Anyways, I was searching for the problem for quite a while and didn't
> find anything.

Then it probaby wasn't integrated properly into the multiple-pass "create"
it in the first pass, but you also need to match it in the following passes
(like the UseBuilder).

> I now submitted a patch which makes it possible to force all
> declarations to be direct for me. What concrete disadvantages does
> that have? I already noticed I need a read lock for some operations
> for which I didn't need one before; will it mainly cause a performance
> decrease? From the feature point of view, everything seems to work
> smoothly with this.

The only problem is that, in case the declaration is deleted and re-created
with a differen index, then it won't be found anymore. However anyway, we
try to keep the declaration-indices consistent even if a declaration was
re-created, so this hopefully should not cause too much pain. You anyway
should make sure that your document is reparsed if any of its dependencies
has changed, so this would also mostly workaround the issue.

Greetings, David